Friday, January 20, 2017

AND NOW, THE NEWS...

Good evening. Here's what's happening in the world of outsider music. Our top story today:

- Florence Foster Jenkins, "The World's Worst Opera Singer," is not only the subject of the recent Meryl Streep film, but of two books, including one written by ma music bloggin' homie Darryl Bullock, of "World's Worst Records" fame. The other book is supposedly the one that inspired the film. Still not enough? Dig the documentary DVD.

- Was quite surprised and delighted to hear Shooby Taylor the Human Horn in the recent animated film "Sing." 'Twas only a few seconds of "Stout Hearted Man" but still, Shooby's fnally hit the big time! They better include him on the soundtrack album.

- All Eternal Things is a beyond-great blog dedicated to lounge private-press vinyl. The album cover pics are priceless, and the mixes and vinyl rips are hours of good bad listening.

- The Everyday Film, whose recordings were once so elusive, has now thrown up everything (if you'll pardon the expression) on Bandcamp.

From all of us here at M4M news, thanks for watching. Good night!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giant Tub of Cheese -

Thank you for all the Music for Maniacs & keeping things interesting

0 0
0

Domenic Ciccone (AKA Martooni) said...

We are at the cusp of a new golden age of music!

Darryl W. Bullock said...

Thanks for the plug Mr Fab!

chrismix said...

Thanks for everything you post dear Music for Maniacs.
Please don't forget a recent french film by Xavier Giannoli: "Marguerite" inspired by Florence Foster Jenkins life.

Cat A. Waller said...

um...

bill paxton was part of a weird ass post new wave band called martini ranch. here's pretty much everything they did.
320 with with tags....

http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/tb07F3sv/file.html

Mr Fab said...

Thank cat! Yup, & Paxton directed Barnes n Barnes' "Fish Heads" video, too.

Timmy said...

I don't get it. -- Is this blog done?

Mr Fab said...

Honestly can't say, Timmy! I never seem to have much free time anymore.

Timmy said...

Oh! Well, I understand. I would like to thank you for all the great stuff in the past, that you diligently posted for us all, including insightful information about the posts.
I will check back occasionally ! Take care ~~~~~~~~~~~

John said...

A mere two months after Timmy, I get round to seconding that emotion ...

Your blog has been a wonderful resource/source of wonderful "stuff".

Thank you for everything, and I hope that you'll be allowed some free time for yourself, soon.

noteworthy said...

God dammit, don't go - I've only just found you! :(

Mr Fab said...

Thanks guys. I have some supercool projects on tap that have sucking up my time.

Life is good said...

Nice

Bear From Delaware said...

Please don't vanish like Willard's, you are like a oasis in a musical wasteland.

Anonymous said...

Mr Fab: I just found you." I don't know why I say hello, you say goodbye."

Unknown said...

Always a big fan even if I don't always leave a comment. Be sure and keep us updated on your newest ventures :)

afrika culture said...

Good

Peter said...

thanks. keep posting. all the best.

Anonymous said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14CT3S_CHdQ

Jack Union said...

Your big fan here keep uploading

Anonymous said...

keep on going, pleeeeaaaaase!

Miccoli said...

Fantastic post! Thank you for sharing!

Neko said...

Mr. Fab, nooooooooooo!!!
please, please, please!!!
come back and upload some more music for us maniacs!
PLLLLLLLEASE!!

Anonymous said...

I was talking to friends last night about this music blog and all the strange artists I discovered from it, and when googling, I accidentally turned up the link to it after having long since forgotten the name. I honestly expected to find that it hadn't been updated in years, so you can imagine my delight in seeing that it was last updated last year. I never commented back in the day, so I just wanted to say thanks so much for all the years of good, weird music. I still listen to a lot of the songs I got from here.