Monday, August 27, 2012

Tribute To Neil Armstrong


The greatest song ever about the recently departed Neil Armstrong was this '80s college rock hit by Angst, which you can listen to/download

HERE

Unless y'all know of any others? I just re-upped my collection of fantastic, irresistibly groovin'  '60s/'70s ska/rocksteady/reggae/calypso space songs that I compiled in '09 to commemorate the 40th anniversary of man 'pon moon:

Life on Reggae Planet

Wish I had known about this one at the time, I would have included it:

(I used to be able to embed divshare, but no more.  We can put a man on the moon but we can't...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

John Stewart (of Kingston Trio) recorded a 45 a few days after the landing. (youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYT8sALMGFw). Your choice is pretty good and have added it to my music box!

Mr Fab said...

Didn't know that one, anon, thanks! (But is it better than Gil Scott Heron's "Whitey's On The Moon"? ;)

Anonymous said...

Totally different take on the event. I can understand both viewpoints, and like both recordings. Clay Tyson also recorded a "dissenting" view of the moon landing - "Man On The Moon." Not everybody was thrilled, and I defend their right to their opinion!

Reimer said...

Sir, you most definitely have the touch. Thank you.

R