Monday, April 06, 2009

FRIENDLY PERSUASION

Otis Fodder's web-show "Friendly Persuasion" was my first experience with the wild frontier of internet music way back when (roughly a decade ago?!?), and a big hunk of that glorious smorgasbord of lounge/outsider/strange thrift-store recordings is now available.

Otis sez: "30+ hours (so far) of old radio shows I put together...All MP3s encoded at 320k with full ID3 tags. All radio shows and mixes are without voice/talkover (except for the occasional robot)... so you just have the music and mix. I'll be uploading more in the future."

FodderFiles

30 hours? Should keep me busy for a bit...


6 comments:

bopst said...

Totally & completely awesome. Thanks for posting these. All hail the mighty Otis Fodder...

J-Unit 1 said...

KILLER!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah! I'm sure this show was one of the things that really got the ball rolling for me as far as taking an interest in weird records. I mean, I always liked weird records, but up until then, I couldn't always hear them isolated, as I used to listen to shows like Negativland's "Over the Edge" where they mixed all kinds of weird records together. But this show and "Incorrect Music" were definitely influential.

TheBobo said...

Otis is God!!
He opened my eyes and ears to the wonderful world of outsider and strange music(not to mention the Enoch Light Orchestra).
If it wasn't for Otis and Friendly Persuasion I wouldn't be at this site.

bradread1 said...

outstanding !!
more cheese please !!
thanks otis

Anonymous said...

Any idea where these shows can be found?

The FodderFiles link above is no longer working.