Friday, December 23, 2005

A TOOLBOX CHRISTMAS

"Your favorite carols performed on your favorite hand and power tools..An extraordinary orchestra of hammers, saws, drills, ratchets, 2x4s, pipes, planers, and much, much more...You may even hear the occasional mandolin, dulcimer or oboe adding their voices." So says the folk music label, Gourd Records, about woodworker/musician Woody Phillips's debut album "A Toolbox Christmas." Imagine, if you can, Einstürzende Neubauten recording for Windham Hill...

Woody Phillips - "The Twelve Days of Christmas"

I'll be taking a little time off, so thanks for all the tips, comments, and CDs sent my way - this has truly become a community effort. I'm always amazed when I check my web stats to see how many visitors I get every day. See you next year!

3 comments:

pimpdaddysupreme said...

Sent an email to you, but the m-1.us site is down, not sure about your linked email.

I'm DJing a Psychobilly and Surf show in Nashville Tenn, on the 12th of January. Wanted to see if you might recommend a way to get my hands on "Music For The Surf-Set"

-Pimpdaddysupreme
http://www.pimpdaddysupreme.com

Mr Fab said...

m-1 is back up. "Sounds For The Sunset" is still available - I'll email ya.

Neal Hellman said...

Hi Mr. Fab,

Thanks for mentioning our Toolbox titles.
We have changed our page around a pit and the new URL for those recodings is:
http://www.gourd.com/toolbox.html

Thanks,

Neal